FREE crochet pattern!
Want to make a really fun dish cloth? Do you want it to match your Blue Willow dishes? Look no further! This yarn is a perfect match for those family heirlooms; indeed it will look as if you chose yarn that was absolutely MADE for them! Reflect is worked in the round from the center out, using griddle stitch, and includes a single-crochet edging in a second color. The griddle stitch is solid, perfect for scrubbing! Additionally, the linen content in this yarn makes it nice and strong, so your dish cloth will last through many many scrubbings and washing and dryings. And you know what? I bet you can’t make just one. And why would you want to?
Want a printable .pdf of this pattern? Grab it here for just $1.99
Stitches: Ch, sl st, SC, DC, SDC (standing Double Crochet)
Yarn: Cotlin Reflections (70% Tanguis cotton/30% linen, 246 yards/100g) less than half a skein per color. Samples shown in Stream, Crest, and Eclipse.
Hook: US7/4.5mm or size needed to obtain gauge. You will also need six (6) stitch markers.
Sizes: 9” straight across from tip to tip
Gauge: 6 SC x 10 rows = 2”
~ All odd number rounds are worked without increases.
~ All even number rounds are worked with increases.
~ Each even number round will increase by 12 st.
If you’ve never worked a SDC (standing Double Crochet) here’s a tutorial!
Let's do it!
Ch 4. Join with sl st to form a ring.
1) Ch 1, *SC, DC; rep from * five times. Join. = 12 st
2) SDC, *(SC, DC, PM, SC) in next DC, DC in next SC; rep from * around, ending with (SC, DC, PM, SC) in last DC. Join. = 24 st
3) Ch 1, *SC, DC; rep from * around.
4) SDC, SC,* (DC, SC, DC) in M, SC, DC, SC; rep from * around, ending with a SC in last st. Join. = 36 st
5) Rep Round 3
6) SDC, *(SC, DC) to next M, (SC, DC, SC) in M, DC; rep from * around, ending with DC, SC. Join. = 48 st
7) Rep Round 3
8) SDC, *SC, (DC, SC) to next M, (DC, SC, DC) in M; rep from * around, ending with SC, DC, SC. Join. = 60 st
9) Rep Round 3
10) SDC, *(SC, DC) to M, (SC, DC, SC) in M, DC; rep from * around, ending with SC, DC, SC. Join. = 72 st
Join CC in same st for new round.
1) Ch 1, *SC to M, (SC, ch 2, SC) in M; rep from * around, ending with SC to end. Join.
2) Ch 1, *SC to ch-2 sp, (SC, ch 2, SC) in ch-2 sp; rep from * around, ending with SC to end. Join.
3) Rep Round 2
4) Ch 1, *SC to ch-2 sp, 3SC in ch-2 sp; rep from * around, ending with SC to end. Join.
Cut yarn, weave in ends. Block to measurements.
All finished! Now go wash your dishes with their new best friend and see what they think 😉 I’d love to see your cloths! Share a pic to social media with the hashtag #RowsAndRosesReflect so we can all see what you’ve made (especially if you made them to match your RED WILLOW!)
I have other free patterns available as well, such as Summer Silk and the ever-popular Felici On The Double Cowl. If you need anything or have any questions, as always I’m just a click or two away.